Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He's waiting

2 Peter 3:15 And remember, the Lord is waiting (dan note: as in delaying His return) so that people have time to be saved.

I'm not sure, but for some reason, in the past year, I've started getting a sense of urgency about reaching out to the peoples who have never heard of Jesus. What does this mean? Have I mentioned lately that I'm clueless about most of my life these days?! All I know is all know. Maybe Lynn & I are gonna go to Tibet to share the good news of Jesus. Or maybe go live in a tree in Borneo & do the same? All I know is I'm feelin' it. Maybe it's just God giving me a boost of urgency to be & do all we're supposed to be & do here in beautiful N GA?

Interestingly enough, it's not just an urgency I feel for Lynn & I - I feel there's an urgency for us all - that's why I'm encouraging people to embrace a call to share Jesus with people, either where they are &/or somewhere else.

Why?

Well, let's pretend for a moment...

where would we be - you & I - if the people who influenced us to become Christ followers hadn't answered that sense of urgency & shared Jesus with us?

Yep, that's right - we'd be on the slippery slope to hell.

So, why shouldn't we answer the call we all have on our lives - to share what we've found in Jesus - by giving our lives to that act of love?

Here's an example...

I believe Lowell Nelson had a clothing store in Pierre, South Dakota. In the early '60's, after becoming a Christ follower, he began to feel a call to be a minister.

So he sold the business, packed up his 5 children & his wife, & moved to Ohio as a student supply in a Methodist church while he got his seminary degree.

His ministry at that church was one of the major influences in my life to seek to be a Christ follower.

What if Lowell hadn't answered that call?

Where would I be right now?

And where would the people I've touched & ministered to & with be now?


The ripple effect of our choices & decisions have an eternal effect.


(I wonder sometimes whatever happened to Lowell & his wife, Vera.)

No comments: