Monday, April 16, 2012

clinging

O God, You are my God;

    I earnestly search for You.

My soul thirsts for You;

  my whole body longs for You

        in this parched and weary land

                where there is no water.


I have seen You in Your sanctuary

  and gazed upon Your power and glory.


Your unfailing love is better than life itself;

                   how I praise You!


I will praise You as long as I live,

    lifting up my hands to You in prayer.


You satisfy me more than the richest feast.

     I will praise you with songs of joy.


I lie awake thinking of You,

  meditating on You through the night.

Because You are my helper,

  I sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings.


8 I cling to You;

  Your strong right hand holds me securely.

(Psalm 63:1-8)

No comments: