Thursday, April 5, 2012

planting

2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this - a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop.

But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.


I had a friend just yesterday say he had so many hurting people around him & that all he wanted to do was share Jesus with them.

So I told him to quit waiting & do it.

The interesting thing I've observed in the past 12 yrs is that people are really just waiting for someone to REALLY listen to them. Most people don't have ANYONE in their lives who ever asks them how they're doing, & then actually listens to the answer.

I have a friend who is amazing with people. He can talk to anyone. And get them to talk back! He is able to lead & influence some of the most unlikely persons.
I asked him one day how he does it. He said, "I just assume that any conversation is going to be good, until proven otherwise."
I thought that it can't be that simple. But I started doing just that - instead of worrying about what I would say or do, or if people would like me,I just assumed that the conversation would be pleasant.
Ya know... it works.
That simple shift changed the way I relate to people forever.

Sow the seeds Jesus' love & provision for us. Sure, some people won't respond to it. But then, some will.

No comments: