Saturday, August 25, 2012

a promise is a promise

On April 12, 2010,I had lunch with Dave. We were in downtown Macon sitting outside at the Acapulco Mexican Restaurant. We talked about him taking over the leadership of House of Grace & Christ Chapel Downtown. It was finally official.

Then began those intense, intentional, incessant days of God moving us out of  Macon & to Blairsville.

The very next morning, I got up as usual to read & listen out for anything God may say to me.

I was supposed to read Isaiah 41 that morning, as well as a psalm (me & Billy Graham) & a chapter in the New Testament.

When I got to these words in Isaiah 41, they seemed to hurtle up off the page at me.

It's a promise I've hung on to ever since. It's a promise I'll hang onto until God tells me to lay it down.


Isaiah 41:9b-10
For I have chosen you

     & will not throw you away.

Don't be afraid,

     for I am with you.

Do not be dismayed,

     for I am your God.

I will strengthen you.

I will help you.

I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

No comments: