Sunday, October 21, 2012

following

Galatians 2:20 I myself no longer live,

      but Christ lives in me.

So I live my life in this earthly body trusting in the Son of God,

      who loved me & gave himself for me.


There are levels of trust, obedience, & servanthood seldom fathomed by most because it costs so much.

We here in America have somehow equated the life of a Christ follower as a success story - the very embodiment of the "American Dream."

After 62 years of living on earth, I don't believe that's true.

Being a Christ follower is all about trust & obedience - 2 things most of us are short on these days.

God didn't promise us success - He promised us the truth.

He certainly didn't send His Son to die for us so we could have the American Dream.

We're here to be & do 2 things - love Him, & love others.

We express that through trusting Him as He guides along "the best pathway". (psalm 32:8)

We show our trust by being obedient to what we believe He wants us to be & do.

And that obedience is shown in how we serve others around us who live lives of quiet desperation.


Just a thought...

No comments: