Thursday, October 11, 2012

it's all about trust

Yesterday, I got to thinking about something my son, Kevin Eakins, said one time. I thought I'd share what I remember of it.

We were sharing what was going on in our lives in a combined staff meeting of all the different churches in the Christ Chapel network. I was sitting next to Kevin.

While others were sharing, I looked over at Kevin & noticed he was flipping through pictures of his son, Trey, that are in an album on his Facebook page. I thought, "what in the world...?!!!"

When it came time for him to share, here's what I remember he said. I've carried it around in my heart & mind ever since.

********
I was just looking at the pictures on Facebook of my son, Trey.

In every one of them, he's looking at me.

He's not looking around, he's not looking ahead.

He doesn't know where we're going, or when we're gonna get there, or what we're gonna do when we get there.

He's just with me - that's all that matters to him.

I wanna be like that again with Jesus.

When I first became a Christian, I didn't care what I was doing, where I was going, when I'd get there, or what we'd do when we got there - all I knew was that I was with Jesus now.

I'm not like that anymore. I gotta have all the answers to where we're going, when we'll get there, & what we'll do when we get there.

I wanna be more like the way Trey is with me in the way I walk with Jesus.

********

Yeah...

I need to get back to walking with Jesus like that, like Trey used to walk with Kevin.

It's all about trust.

Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you & watch over you."

No comments: