Friday, October 19, 2012

keeping on

On Mar 31 of this year I woke up at 2am, thinking about our situation. I thought at that time that it was time to be realistic about our situation, so I thought I'd have a sit down with Lynn & talk about moving back to Macon.

Now, I read sequentially in the Bible - iow, I read the Psalms from 1 thru to 150, one after another,each day - I don't jump around.

Well, that morning, the Bible just blew up with things that God used to speak directly to my state of mind & my decision to talk to Lynn about moving back to Macon.

The Isaiah 46 reference from yesterday's blog came from that reading on March 31. There were 9 sections from the places I was supposed to read that morning that spoke specifically to what I was thinking.

Was it a mere coincidence? Some may say so - I think NOT. I've lived too long, seen to much, to think that was just a mere coincidence.


I get the feeling there are some of you out there who need to read these verses this morning. I hope they give you the direction you need today. I'd say God's trying to tell you to not give up? Anyway, maybe they're for you,like they are for me today, & back on March 31 ;-)



2 Corinthians 4:1 Since God in His mercy has given us this wonderful ministry, we never give up.

vs 7 this precious treasure - this light & power that shine within us - is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies, so everyone can see that our glorious power is from God & not our own.

vs 8 we are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed & broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up & quit.

vs 9 We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again & keep going.

No comments: