Wednesday, October 3, 2012

thankfulness

On Wednesday, December. 23, 2009, God very definitely spoke to me thru 1 Thessalonians 5:18: No matter what happens, always be thankful; for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

And thus began His leading & guiding that has brought Lynn & I to where we are, what we're about, & our life as it is.

He definitely spoke strongest in the "no matter what happens, always be thankful"

That hasn't been easy.

In a hundred years, I'll understand what these last 3 years meant. Until then, I must focus my find on what I can be thankful for. Judging from what I read this morning in Psalm 50, thankfulness seems to be a pretty big priority with God. I guess it's an outward sign of an inward trust level.

It's always about trust, isn't it?


Psalm 50
1 The LORD, the Mighty One, is God,

 and he has spoken;

he has summoned all humanity

  from where the sun rises to where it sets.


2 From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty,

  God shines in glorious radiance.


14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,

  and keep the vows you made to the Most High.

15 Trust in Me in your times of trouble,

  and I will rescue you,

  and you will give me glory."


23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.

  If you keep to my path,

  I will reveal to you the salvation of God.

No comments: