Wednesday, December 30, 2015

3 things

This is Paul speaking in his second letter to the Christ followers in Corinth...


2 Corinthians 12

7b To keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh,

a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
  

8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.

9 Each time he said,

"My grace is all you need.

My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses,

so that the power of Christ can work through me.

10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses,

and in the insults,

hardships,

persecutions,

and troubles that I suffer for Christ.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.



Think about these 3 things Paul says,

2 things he says the Lord spoke directly to him about,

1 thing Paul evidently surmises on his own...


The 2 things the Lord spoke directly to him?

"My grace is all you need.

My power works best in weakness."

And the 1 thing Paul surmises?

when I am weak, then I am strong.”


Think about how the reality in those 3 statements could impact our everyday lives.

No comments: