Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 verses

These were the verses for 2015.

It was a year I took one day at a time – sometimes 1 hour at a time - & sometimes 1 minute at a time.

It was a year in which I let go of huge portions of my life – as in released them to God – not because I was all that spiritually mature (or holy!), but because I didn't have any other alternative that was viable.

I learned that being a senior adult is a full time job.

I also began to suspicion that God was doing stuff through me without my knowledge – iow, He was using me in ways I didn't see.

Life is all about serving – and sometimes that serving doesn't make a lick of sense.

I also realized that there no danger of me peeing holy water anytime soon.

And as it says in 1 Corinthians 13, I see through a glass darkly – sometimes it has been very difficult to see the big picture.

Our daughter, Hannah, became engaged to Lance, a guy we really, really like.

And I think I worry less today that I did a year ago.

I held on to some of these verses every day.

Some of them I didn't exercise fully.

Some of them kept me from losing my mind some days.

Many days this year I thought I'd go nuts – but God gave me enough strength to keep on moving forward.

Let me make one thing crystal clear – if the power of the Holy Spirit had not sustained me ever second of every day this year, I wouldn't be here today – I am NOTHING without His limitless support – nothing.

And tomorrow, I share with you the verses for 2016.



Don't worry about  anything;

     instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

     & thank Him for all He has done.

If you do this, you will experience God's peace,

     which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts & minds

     as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7



You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel,

     leading me to a glorious destiny.


Whom have I in heaven but You?


I desire you more than anything on earth.


My health may fail,

    & my spirit may grow weak,


but God remains the strength of my heart,


He is mine forever.

Psalm 73:24-26



No matter what happens, always be thankful,

for this is God's will for those who follow Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18




For God is not unfair.


He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him

& how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other Christians,

     as you still do.


Our greatest desire is that you will keep right on loving others as long as life lasts,

     in order to make certain that what you hope for will continue.

Hebrews 6:10-11




With God's help, we will do mighty things,

for he will trample down our foes.

Psalm 108:13




And when you are old, I will still be there, carrying you.

        When your limbs grow tired, your eyes are weak,

    And your hair a silvery gray, I will carry you as I always have.
        I will carry you and save you.

Isaiah 46:4

No comments: