Saturday, December 5, 2015

psalm 25

One of the best things about the book of Psalms is that we can find just about every human emotion expressed by us.

I'm glad that for the last 13, almost 14 years, I've read one of the psalms almost every day.

I read through Psalms sequentially 1 psalm a day (150 of them) & then I read through Proverbs (31 chapters).

Then I head back to the beginning of Psalms & read it all through again.

So you can do the math on that – I read through Psalms & Proverbs 2 times each year.

In almost 14 years, that makes approximately 28 times I've read through these 2 books.

It would be impossible to tell you the richness we can find in these 2 books.

After all these years, I have dated certain verses in various psalms.

When I read through them now, I sometimes can remember what was going on at the time,

or how maybe that verse became incredibly true as events unfolded in my life.


This is a particularly rich psalm for me.

Maybe there's someone reading this who need to read some of these words.

Will you let me know in the comments if something spoke to you?

This isn't an ego thing for me when I asked for comments back.

Each morning I write a note & send it out into the ether of the Internet. Even though I know many people actually read it, I wonder sometimes if my blogs are just balls hit out on the tennis court of life, just kind of bouncing around until they run out of steam.

Anyway, read this psalm slowly, & take to heart the promise or assurance God may give you through it...

one thing is for sure: whatever He may say to you through it can be trusted.



Psalm 25

1 O LORD, I give my life to you.
2   I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.

4 Show me the right path, O LORD;

  point out the road for me to follow.

5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,

  for you are the God who saves me.
  All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love,
  which you have shown from long ages past.
7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
  Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
  for you are merciful, O LORD.

8 The LORD is good and does what is right;

  he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
9 He leads the humble in doing right,
  teaching them his way.
10 The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.

11 For the honor of your name, O LORD, forgive my many, many sins.

12 Who are those who fear the LORD?

  He will show them the path they should choose.
13 They will live in prosperity,
  and their children will inherit the land.
14 The LORD is a friend to those who fear him.
He teaches them his covenant.
15 My eyes are always on the LORD,
  for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.

16 Turn to me and have mercy,

  for I am alone and in deep distress.
17 My problems go from bad to worse.
  Oh, save me from them all!
18 Feel my pain and see my trouble.
  Forgive all my sins.
19 See how many enemies I have
  and how viciously they hate me!
20 Protect me!

Rescue my life from them!
  Do not let me be disgraced,

for in you I take refuge.
21 May integrity and honesty protect me,
  for I put my hope in you.

No comments: