Friday, December 18, 2015

a reminder

Sometimes,

when life is overwhelming,

or doesn't go in the direction we preconceived it should go,

it might be a good idea to take a cue from Jeremiah, believed by many to be the author of the book of Lamentations.

He had seen the destruction of Jerusalem by the enemies of the Jews.

He had been imprisoned more than once,

had been treated pretty badly by his own people,

& was almost killed more than once.

And yet, he said in verse 21, “I still dare to hope when I remember this...”


Maybe some of us feel like we're the victims of our own discipleship.

Maybe, as Jeremiah did in the following passage, we should remind ourselves of what we know about God.



Lamentations 3:

22 The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
  His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
  his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance;
  therefore, I will hope in him!"

25 The LORD is good to those who depend on him,

  to those who search for him.
26 So it is good to wait quietly
  for salvation from the LORD.

No comments: