Sunday, February 21, 2016

2 verses

Hebrews 10
35 Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord,
no matter what happens.
Remember the great reward it brings you!
36 Patient endurance is what you need now,
so that you will continue to do God's will.
Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Who needs to read these 2 verses? That is, besides me.
These 2 verses have been ones God seems to remind me of a lot,
especially in this present season of my life.
For some reason, during this season, 4 words keep reoccurring in the stuff I read...
“no matter what happens”.
I get the feeling some times that I'm just supposed to keep on keeping on,
never let up,
not be phased &/or discouraged by anything.
It's all about that trust thing.
For me, in my life, it seems that it’s is all about that trust thing, all the time.

Know what I mean?

Another phrase I keep hearing inside my head (that's how God talks to me sometimes)
“patient endurance is what you need now”.
I hear this inside my head most when I'm NOT being patient.
Btw, don't ever pray for patience
because that's when all the crazy people in the world,
or crazy situations know to us all,
will start showin' up in our lives.
Trust me on that – I've been livin' it too long.

And the kicker is that if we settle into this discipleship choice,
there's a great reward comin' (verse 35),
and it's gonna come because He's promised it. (verse 36)

Yeah, like I said, who needs to read these 2 verses besides me?
But if you absorb these 2 verses, make them your own, & feel like God is using these in you specifically, just remember there ain't a whole lot of wiggle room here.
The author of Hebrews doesn't issue any disclaimers with these 2 verses, nor does he offer any loopholes or back doors.
It is what it is.
Just sayin'...

(If you want the whole context, read verses 19-39 in chapter 10.)

No comments: