Friday, February 12, 2016

come & rest

Matthew 11

28 “Come to me

all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry.

I will give you rest.

29 Accept my teaching.

Learn from me.

I am gentle and humble in spirit.

And you will be able to get some rest.

30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy.

The load I give you to carry is light.” (ERV)



Our God, in the person of Jesus, says “come to Me”.

And He specifically addresses this to people who have hard stuff in their lives,

hard stuff they have to deal with all the time,

hard stuff they may not have chosen.

It chose them.


And in this coming to Him, He offers something else...

...rest...

...respite from the hard stuff we carry.


Anybody out there toting a load?

Anybody dealing with something or someone that is unrelenting & unending?

Anybody feel like whatever is being dealt with is about to crush the life out?

Anybody just about to give up?


Jesus says 3 simple words to anybody in that situation...

Come to Me...”

And in that coming He promises 1 thing...

...rest.


In the last few months, I learned something new about following Jesus.

We can choose to believe what Jesus says to us,

or not.

If we choose to not believe it...

...well...

...life gets really problematic.

But if we choose go believe it, our life can smooth out in ways we cannot anticipate.

It doesn't mean life becomes perfect.

But the loads we tote may either seem lighter, or maybe simply easier to tote.


I speak from experience.

No comments: