Monday, February 1, 2016

word

Matthew 6:25a


...do not worry about everyday life... (NLT)


...stop being worried or anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted) about your life... (Amplified)


...don’t worry about the things you need to live... (ERV)


...do not be anxious about your life... (ESV)


...don’t worry about living... (J B Phillips)


...take no thought for your life... (KJV)


...don’t fuss (about your life)... (The Message)


...do not be worried about your life... (NASB)


...do not worry about your life... (NIV)


...do not worry about your life... (The Voice)



One morning January, 2008, Aaron Barth walked into our daily morning prayer time at Christ Chapel Macon and said something I STILL carry with me.

Ya know, you don't have to read all that stuff in Matthew 6 about the lilies of the fields & the birds of the air. Jesus said it all at the beginning – 'don't worry about your life'.”

That statement was like a thunderclap in my life.

I carried that thought through 2008 as I went through some pretty scary, amazing, & wonderful transitions.

I carry it still.

Do I live like I completely believe it?

Well... we all know who & what I am.

But when things get crazier & crazier in my life,

or if it looks like there's no light at the end of the tunnel,

I try to remind myself of what Aaron said,

but even more importantly, what Jesus Himself said...


...don't worry about your life...”

No comments: