Thursday, February 18, 2016

reading & writing

Every word of God proves true.

He defends all who come to Him for protection.

Proverbs 30:5


Ever since January, 2003, God has been waking me up in the night so I can get up & read the Bible & listen out for whatever He has to say to me.

I've kept a journal of that reading. I usually write down the date & the places I've read so I'll know where to read tomorrow.

I have to write down each day where I've read last because I can't always remember.

I also may write verses or passages in the Bible that may have stood out when I read them that morning.

Every once in a while I'll look back through the past few weeks or months, just to see if there's any trends in what He says to me.

It's interesting that when I look back through my journal it seems these are the themes the verses / passages that stood for me.

Don't worry.

I'm going to take care of you.

I'll protect you.

Give you worries to Me.

Trust Me.

He still has a plan for me for where I am.


Could this just be me projecting my situation into what I read every day?

That's always a possibility.

But I really rely on a feeling I have when I read.

I think I'm getting better at sensing when a verse stands out for me as to whether it's me project my situation into what I read & when it's God trying to speak to me.

The only way I can describe it is that they feel differently from each other – there's a deep down difference in what my spirit senses.


So?

I said all that to say this...

Write down in a notebook or a document on your computer / tablet / phone the verses that stand out when you read the Bible.

And look back at them every once in a while.

You'll be able to see what the trends are in what God may be speaking to you about.

You may not be able to see it from day to day, but if you look back & see the days, weeks, & months slip by, you may see something more deep or profound that's going on.

I also tend to see how stupid or groundless some of the things I was focusing on at the time look now since there's some time that has passed.


Anyway, write it down & check back occasionally – the perspective is often VERY interesting.

No comments: