Sunday, February 28, 2016

hold on

Who needs to read this today, besides me?

Let's take some solace, some refuge, some security in these words of Jesus, together, today.


...don't worry about your life...

(Matthew 6:25a)


Your Heavenly Father already knows your needs.

If you live for Him

& make the Kingdom of God your primary concern,

He will give you all you need from day to day.

(Matthew 6:32b-33)


Don't worry about tomorrow,

for tomorrow will bring its own worries.

Today's trouble is enough for today.

(Matthew 6:34)



9 more words, written by Paul to the followers of Jesus in Corinth...


Nothing we ever do for the Lord is useless.

(1 Corinthians 15:58b)



I carry these around on 3” x 5” cards in my wallet. They are part of the verses I feel God has given me to hold on to during 2016.

And trust me, I've learned over the years to hold on to them, hard.

No comments: