Saturday, May 14, 2016

a short little verse

On BibleGateway.com they have 54 English translations or paraphrases.

I've pulled out 12 to give a diversified look at a short little verse in the last chapter of Paul's love letter to the followers who lived in the city of Philippi.

It's interesting to see how each group of Biblical scholars & Greek translators handled this simple little verse.

It may be a short little verse at the tail end of a 4 chapter book, but on hym, what an earthshaking whallop that one verse has!

How many billions of people down through the last 2000+ years have staked their lives on these simple little words?

How many of us have help on for one more day after reading these words?

How many of us completely depend on this truth as we face what is ahead.

I wonder if Paul knew what he was saying when he wrote that?

I wonder if he's aware of the eternal ripple effect down through 2+ millenia that his writing of those words has had?

Anyway, read through these 12 offerings of the truth Paul wrote & expressed.

And the truth expressed here is absolutely true – I've experienced it countless times, & I've seen it expressed over the years in the lives of hundreds & hundreds, thousands & thousands of people.



Philippians 4:13

For I can do everything with he help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. (NLT 1st ed.)


I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] (Amplified)


I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]. (Amplified, Classic)


I can endure all these things through the power of the one who gives me strength. (CEB)


Christ gives me the strength to face anything. (CEV)


Christ is the one who gives me the strength I need to do whatever I must do. (ERV)


I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (ESV)


I am ready for anything through the strength of the one who lives within me. (J B Phillips)


Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (The Message)


I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me. (NABR)


I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (NIV)


I can be content in any and every situation through the Anointed One who is my power and strength. (The Voice)

No comments: