Thursday, June 30, 2016

4 passages

June 30 – we've completed 6 months of 2016. We're at the halfway point.

In 6 months, when this year comes to a close, I wonder where we'll be in the world, what things would have happened & not happened, & what the future will possibly seem to be holding for us.

As you know (or you may not know), there are 11 passages that I feel like the Lord has given me to hold on to during 2016.

Yeah, I know, 11 passages

Where's what some of them have meant...



Give all your worries & cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:7


This one has propped me up countless times so far. It's head & shoulders above every other passages for imporance for me to hold on to. This is the verse that when the hurrican winds of life have assaulted me, I'd tied a rope around me & around the verse, & held on for dear life.

I've held on to the the fact it states I can give ALL of the things to God that I'm bogged down by &/or crippled by – ALL of them.

And that God cares about me – I'm a nano-speck in the universes, occupying an eye blink in the overarching story of human kind – and He CARES about me.



The grace of God is with you, no matter what happens. 1 Peter 5:12b


no matter what happens...

no matter WHAT happens...

no matter what HAPPENS...

NO MATTER WHAT happens...


iow, whatever this year throws at me, His grace is with me.

And that grace is God's unmerited favor towards me.



...don't worry about your life... Matthew 6:25a


iow, God's got this.

He's gonna take care of me.

Let it all go.

Stay calm – He's got my 6.



Nothing you ever do for the Lord is useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58b


You ever feel useless?

I do, a lot.

But God keeps telling me I'm not.

So who & what I am, & what I'm about, is deemed of portent by God, the One who has the power & right to define me – not by the people in my life or who are around me, or even by myself.

God says that the things I do for Him, whatever those things are, are useful in His overarching plan for humankind – any... thing... I do for Him.



ALL of the passages are things I've found myself holding on to for dear life, all year long, so far.

How do people live who don't allow God to speak to them through Him word. How did I, all those years (52.5) ?!



The important thing is that these 4 passages apply just as much to you & your situation as they do to mine.

Hold on to them, stake you life on them, & believe them.

No comments: