Monday, June 27, 2016

every. thing.

Luke 14:33


no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me. (NLT, 1st ed.)


none of you can be My disciple who does not [carefully consider the cost and then for My sake] give up all his own possessions. (Amplified)


You must leave everything you have to follow me. If not, you cannot be my follower. (ERV)


any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple. (ESV)


only the man who says goodbye to all his possessions can be my disciple. (J B Phillips)


Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can’t be my disciple. (The Message)


none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions. (NASB)


those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples. (NIV)


if you want to be My disciple, it will cost you everything. Don’t underestimate that cost! (The Voice)



Well, I looked through each different translation, looking and hoping for a little wiggle room.

Nope...

If we are determined to be followers of Jesus...

If we desire to be His disciples...

it will cost us everything.

We have to give up, completely surrender to Him everything...

our hopes & dreams,

material blessings,

our plans,

relationships,

all & whoever we hold.


As my friend & sister, Beth White, says,

Salvation is free. Everything else costs you everything.”


I was something of an “ah ha” moment for me.

We have to let go of everything to really follow Jesus.

Everything...

That's why there isn't a long line of people waiting to become a follower.

Because becoming a follower is a death – a death to yourself.

Then God can implement fully His plans & dreams for us in the way we fit into the overarching plans God has for himankind.


Everything y'all...


every. thing.

No comments: