Sunday, July 3, 2016

word

Don't be afraid or discouraged,

for the Lord is the One who goes before you.

He will be with you;

He will neither fail you

nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:8



Joshua 1

1 After the death of Moses the LORD's servant, the LORD spoke to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' assistant.

He said, 2 "Moses my servant is dead.

Therefore, the time has come for you to lead these people, the Israelites, across the Jordan River into the land I am giving them.

3 I promise you what I promised Moses:

'Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you;

4 from the Negev wilderness in the south to the Lebanon mountains in the north,

from the Euphrates River in the east to the Mediterranean Sea in the west,

including all the land of the Hittites.'

5 No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live.

For I will be with you as I was with Moses.

I will not fail you or abandon you.

  6 "Be strong and courageous,

for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them.

7 Be strong and very courageous.

Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you.

Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left.

Then you will be successful in everything you do.

8 Study this Book of Instruction continually.

Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it.

Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.


9 This is my command: be strong and courageous!

Do not be afraid or discouraged.

For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."



Psalm 130

1 From the depths of despair, O LORD,
  I call for your help.
2 Hear my cry, O Lord.
  Pay attention to my prayer.

3 LORD, if you kept a record of our sins,

  who, O Lord, could ever survive?
4 But you offer forgiveness,
  that we might learn to fear you.

5 I am counting on the LORD;

  yes, I am counting on him.
  I have put my hope in his word.
6 I long for the Lord
  more than sentries long for the dawn,
  yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.

7 O Israel, hope in the LORD;

  for with the LORD there is unfailing love.
  His redemption overflows.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
  from every kind of sin.

No comments: