Wednesday, September 21, 2016

2 words, for you, or me?

Luke 11

9 "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.

Keep on seeking, and you will find.

Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.


10 For everyone who asks, receives.

Everyone who seeks, finds.

And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.



I've said it before in this blog, whenever I read this, there seems to be 2 operative words here:

keep on...”

This time, I went to BibleGateway.com & checked what other translations or paraphrases had to offer.

Interestingly enough, they all pretty much came out with the same words:

asking, seeking, & knocking.


So, I don't know who is supposed to be reading this blog today...

(for all of you who do read this pretty regularly: you need to get out more! ;-) LOL )

Anyway, you may need to hear those 2 words Jesus was saying here & take them to heart in your situation.

Jesus says, “keep on...”

You may be in an impossible place.

You may be thinking that “quit looks good.”

You may see no hope in sight.

You may be clueless about your life or circumstances – I've been there for 6 years – join the club! ;-)

You may be standing on the cusp of a GREAT adventure with God through a stupendously risky & seemingly impossible or illogical action.


To all of us in any of those situations - & a gajillion other possibilities – Jesus just may be saying to you (& me) those 2 words...


keep on...”


If that's resonates with you, & you feel comfortable, let me know by commenting below.

I'd really like to know.



And keep on...

;-)

No comments: