Friday, September 2, 2016

no wiggle room

Jesus makes things pretty clear in this statement.


There ain't no wiggle room.


Vs 36 is especially pretty telling, particularly in these days of such incredible affluence.



Mark 6


34 Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said,


"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your selfish ambition, take up your cross, and follow me.


35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it.


But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.


36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?


37 Is anything worth more than your soul?


38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days,


the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person


when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

No comments: