Friday, October 14, 2016

full intentions

In just a few short words, Jesus succinctly states what He's all about.


He says why He's here & what He has come to offer.


No matter how it's translated or paraphrase, it's a stupendous, ground breaking, revolutionary thought – a completely unheard of thought for the time – an equally unheard of one today.


Our brand has suffered a lot with the world, particularly in the last 20 years.


We're thought of as judgmental, mean, narrow minded, smug, arrogant, proud, & intolerant - & that's some of the nicer things people think & say. ;-)


Maybe it would be helpful if we focused more on the person & personhood of Jesus – fancy that?! - people would see the most important & central thing – that Jesus – His life, His teachings, & His sacrificial love for us - is the central & only important thing about this faith walk.



John 10:10b


My purpose is to give life in all its fullness. (NLT, 1st ed.)


My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (NLT, 2nd ed.)


The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. (Amplified)


I came to give life - life that is full and good. (ERV)


I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (ESV)


I came to bring them life, and far more life than before. (J B Phillips)


I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (KJV)


I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. (The Message)


I have come so they may have life. I want them to have it in the fullest possible way. (NIRV)


I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (NIV)


I came to give life with joy and abundance. (The Voice)


I came, that they have life, and have more plenteously. (WYC)

No comments: