Tuesday, October 25, 2016

sheep among wolves

Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors.

Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, the will see your honorable behavior,

& they will believe & give honor to God when He comes to judge the world.

1 Peter 2:12 (1st edition)



I had to shake my head this morning when I read this.


Are we careful about our behavior, the way we treat unbelieving people?


Or are we harsh, judgmental, Bible banging, consigning to hell, intolerant, & unloving?


I think in general we probably live out is behind the latter, not the former.


Where would we be if, when we were searching for God & testing the water for ourselves, if we ran into people like us, who condemned them, made us “tow the line” on some things, & in general, get our act together before we allow ourselves o be accepted into the fold of God.


Yeah...


We probably would be who we are – some of us would be dead,


We need to watch how we live. Sometimes, we the only person some persons associate with Jesus,


And they suppose that if we claim to be followers, then we should exemplify how we should live & move.


We are all capable to live the life we need to live.


It's just the humble attitude that however God wants to use me, He has free reign to.


I'm not just saying I'm just letting Him have His way in my life – I'm expecting it to look reallty crazy.


I expect it to be a tough way to live.


And, sometimes, it is.

No comments: