Sunday, July 9, 2017

2 verses

2 of the verses I believe God gave me to hold on to during 2017...

in 2 different translations:

the New Living Translation (the translation I read out of every morning)

& The Message (a translation with a whole lot of paraphrasing going on)



Isaiah 41:10


Don’t be afraid,

for I am with you.

    Don’t be discouraged,

for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

& I help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (NLT)



Don’t panic.

I’m with you.
    There’s no need to fear

for I’m your God.
I’ll give you strength.

I’ll help you.

    I’ll hold you steady,

keep a firm grip on you. (The Message)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Deuteronomy 31:8


Do not be afraid or discouraged,

for the Lord will personally go ahead of you.

He will be with you;

he will neither fail you nor abandon you. (NLT)


God is striding ahead of you.

He’s right there with you.

He won’t let you down;

he won’t leave you.

Don’t be intimidated.

Don’t worry. (The Message)

No comments: