Saturday, July 29, 2017

3 words

Matthew 11:28-30


28 Then Jesus said,

Come to me,

all of you who are weary

and carry heavy burdens,

and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you.

Let me teach you,

because I am humble and gentle at heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy to bear,

and the burden I give you is light.” (NLT)



28 “Come to me

all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry.

I will give you rest.

29 Accept my teaching.

Learn from me.

I am gentle and humble in spirit.

And you will be able to get some rest.

30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy.

The load I give you to carry is light.” (ERV)



28 Come to me,

all who labor

and are heavy laden,

and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you,

and learn from me,

for I am gentle and lowly in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy,

and my burden is light.” (ESV)



28-30 “Come to me,

all of you who are weary and over-burdened,

and I will give you rest!

Put on my yoke

and learn from me.

For I am gentle and humble in heart

and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy

and my burden is light.” (J B Phillips)



28-30 “Are you tired?

Worn out?

Burned out on religion?

Come to me.

Get away with me

and you’ll recover your life.

I’ll show you how to take a real rest.

Walk with me

and work with me;

watch how I do it.

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.

I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.

Keep company with me

and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (The Message)



28 “Come to me,

all you who are weary and burdened,

and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,

for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy

and my burden is light.” (NIV)



28 Come to Me,

all who are weary and burdened,

and I will give you rest.

29 Put My yoke upon your shoulders;

it might appear heavy at first,

but it is perfectly fitted to your curves.

Learn from Me,

for I am gentle and humble of heart.

When you are yoked to Me,

your weary souls will find rest.

30 For My yoke is easy,

and My burden is light. (The Voice)



I think the operative words spoken by Jesus in each of these different translations are the same...


Come to Me...


Maybe our lives would be a whole lot better if we remember those words of Jesus, & went to Him for connection & help.


Remember today what Jesus perpetually says to us, no matter what, in any circumstance, whatever our needs or wants, or whatever...


Come to Me...

No comments: