Friday, July 28, 2017

clinging

This verse was one of the verses I held on to in 2008 & 2009 during a terrific transition in my life.


It is still a verse that speaks to my life, 8+ years later.


This is jesus speaking here.


Maybe it may speak to your life, too...



Matthew 10:39


 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. (NLT)


Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life. (ERV)


The man who has found his own life will lose it, but the man who has lost it for my sake will find it. (J B Phillips)


If you don’t go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don’t deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me. (The Message)


Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. (NIV)


To find your life, you must lose your life—and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. (The Voice)

No comments: