Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018 lead verse

Matthew 10:39 is the lead verse for 2018 among a bunch of verses I feel like God's given me to hold on to.


Jesus is speaking here - to me He seems to be saying if you hold on to what you think your life is to be or look like, you'll lose the life Jesus dreamed up for you a gajillion years ago.


So, don't cling to your life - let it go - follow wherever God takes you.


Here's how various different translations & paraphrases deal with this simple verse - I used BibleGateway.com to find these - it's a good tool website.


Btw: read the Bible every day without fail - RTBEDWF


;-)



Matthew 10:39


If you cling to you life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. (NLT)


Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life. (ERV)


Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (ESV)


Whoever tries to hold on to his life will give up true life. Whoever gives up his life for me will hold on to true life. (ICB)


The man who has found his own life will lose it, but the man who has lost it for my sake will find it. (J B Phillips)


If you don’t go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don’t deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me. (The Message)


The person who tries to preserve his life will lose it, but the person who loses his life for me will preserve it. (NOG)


Those who try to hold on to their lives will give up true life. Those who give up their lives for me will hold on to true life. (NCV)


Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. (NIV)


All who seek to live apart from me will lose it all. But those who let go of their lives for my sake and surrender it all to me will discover true life! (TPT)


To find your life, you must lose your life—and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. (The Voice)

No comments: