Sunday, January 7, 2018

what it may mean

If you cling to your life, 

you will lose it; 

but if you give up your life for me, 

you will find it. 

Matthew 10:39



I said yesterday that this verse is the lead verse that I feel God has given me for 2018.


Btw, there seems to be seven verses or passages this year.


And they all kinda point toward & work hand in glove with the lead verse.


In the 15 years I've been asking God for verses for the year, when there's that many, it usually means that it's going to be a humdinger of a year.


Anyway, this verse was the lead verse before back in 2008.


All year long it was like as God walked me through that incredible year He kept whispering, "Don't cling to your life...".


I felt God leading me to let Him take my life in something of a 90 degree turn - I couldn't see how it could happen - but it did.


The following 18 months after that 90 degree turn were probably the most halcyon days of my life.


I am not assuming that will be the case this time around.


I just feel like I don't need to hold on to anything - iow, cling to the life I have - that I need to let go of my life & accept His strength & power as I head into whatever my life may develop into.


I don't know if that development will necessarily be good or comfortable.


There are plenty of areas in my life that could be pretty daunting if something flew loose in any of them.


And then I've also considered that we live in historically & chaotically perilous times with the chance of all kind of stuff flying loose in any area of our lives or in any place in this world.


I just feel like that there's real potential for another 90 degree turn coming my way this year.


This isn't wishful thinking - it feels like kinda like a "gird your loins" kinda sense.


Anyway, just letting you into my life - don't know where it's gonna take me - like, when was the last time I did?!


I know that if I just let go & not fight whatever is ahead, God is gonna take care of me.


He's done it before, He'll do it again.

No comments: