Saturday, January 20, 2018

operative word: come

The operative word here is "come" in these translations from Biblegateway.com...


Jesus, the God of the universes, says come...



Then Jesus said,

Come to me, 

all you who are weary & carry heavy burdens,

& I will give you rest. (NLT, 1st ed.)

Matthew 11:28


“Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation].
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you rest.
If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all ye who labour and are burdened, and *I* will give you rest.
Come to Me, all the ones being weary and having been burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you.
“Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
“Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are ·tired [weary] and ·have heavy loads [overburdened; T heavy-laden] and I will give you rest.
Come unto me, all ye that are weary and laden, and I will ease you.
“Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads. I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and over-burdened, and I will give you rest!”
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all of you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to me and I will give you rest—all of you who work so hard beneath a heavy yoke.”
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest.”
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all you who are weary and carrying heavy burdens, and I will refresh you.
“Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads. I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to Me, all of you who work and have heavy loads. I will give you rest.
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
‘Are you having a real struggle? Come to me! Are you carrying a big load on your back? Come to me – I’ll give you a rest!
Come to me, all you who are burden-weary and heavy laden, and I will give you Shabbos menuchah.
"Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Then come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis."
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.
All you who work hard! All you who carry heavy loads! Come to me! I will give you rest.
All ye that travail, and be charged, come to me, and I shall fulfill you [and I shall refresh, or fulfill, you].
`Come unto me, all ye labouring and burdened ones, and I will give you rest,

No comments: