Thursday, September 20, 2018

can't imagine

As for me,

I am poor & needy,

but the Lord is thinking about me

right now.

Psalm 40:17 (NLT, 1st ed.)



I don't remember when exactly it happened...

probably sometime in March of 2003 - I'd have to check my journal to be exact.

Since mid January of that year, I had been getting up early & reading the Bible & listening out for whatever God wanted to say to me.

He'd been saying quite a lot, some of it pretty terrifying.

(I digress - that's another story for another time.)

I was probably in March when I read Psalm 40 in the 1st edition of the New Living Translation.

You know, Psalm 40 is not a psalm people think of as one to read often, or at all, for that matter.

I've checked with BibleGateway.com - no other translation or paraphrase treats is as the NLT 1st edition.

Even when the NLT people put out their 2nd edition, they didn't translate it that way again.

But I remember when I read verse 17, it was like a shock like a lightning bolt.

I was struck with the psalmist's thought - the Lord was thinking about me right now!

I was fairly astounded at the concept that the Lord about me.

I was also blow away with the thought that He might think about me independently from some action on my part.

But the real shock was the concept that the Lord was thinking about me right then.

And that He's thinking about me right now - today, this second, on His own, just because He is who He is.


So today, carry this concept with you & consider it...

The God of the universes, the Holy One, omnipotent, omniscient, the very incredible essence of love, is thinking about you, right now.


Don't discount it...

Don't dismiss it...

Believe it...

Think about it...

No comments: