Thursday, September 6, 2018

irrevocable

God's gifts & His call can never be withdrawn.  Romans 11:29



I just got through reading 1 Corinthians 12, which has all the gifts of the Holy Spirit listed.


But this verse is the one God dropped into my mind.


I don't know what it means for me.


I checked at BibleGateway.com - read through all the different translations & paraphrases they list there for Romans 11:29.

Every one of them says the same thing - they may use different words, but the all say the same thing - once God gifts us & calls us, He doesn't change His mind.


For me, it's hard for me to see this verse active in my life these days, since most of my gifts & call seem inactive &/or unused.

So I guess all I can do in regards to myself is wait & see what further info God may drop into my mind.


But think about this verse in regards to yourself.

Has God gifted you with something or some things for His use?

Has He called you to be &/or do something or some things for Him?

According to Paul, when he wrote the Christ followers in Rome, 
God doesn't ever take those gifts away, 
nor does He ever let us off the hook in regards to the things He's called us to be &/or do.


Think about that today.

And thing about what that means for your life, now, & in the days ahead.

No comments: