Saturday, September 22, 2018

weak / strong

2 Corinthians 12:9


“My gracious favor is all you need.
 My power works best in weakness.”
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ can work through me. (NLT)


“My grace is all you need. 
Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.” 
So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. 
Then Christ’s power can stay in me. (ERV)


 “My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (ESV)


 “My grace is enough for you: 
for where there is weakness, my power is shown the more completely.” 
Therefore, I have cheerfully made up my mind to be proud of my weaknesses, 
because they mean a deeper experience of the power of Christ. (J B Phillips)



We put such a premium on strength.

We seldom if ever contemplate that it is only when we realize how weak we really are that we are able to step out of the way & let the infinite power of God to work in us & through us.

Today, let's consciously ask God to step into control & empowerment whenever we feel weak or inadequate.

I wonder what our lives would look like if we did that? Or for that matter, what would our world look like?

No comments: