Monday, September 24, 2018

challenge & promise

So don't get tired of doing what is good.

Don't get discouraged & give up,

for we will reap a harvest of blessing

at the appropriate time. 

Galatians 6:9



Who is this for today, besides me?

Who needs to hold this true for their lives right now.

This has been a bellwether verse in my life for probably 12 or 13 years.

It's both a challenge & a promise - don't quit, & a blessing is coming.

The words that continue to be a lightning bolt of truth for me are at the beginning of the second sentence...

"don't get discouraged & give up..."

How many times over the years have those 6 words stopped me from chucking a whole lot of people &/or situations - far too many to count.

If you're interested in the story behind me discovering this verse, ask me in the comments below & I'll DM you.

No comments: