Saturday, November 8, 2008

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Psalm 90:8 You spread out our sins before You - our secret sins - & You see them all.

My Life Application Bible says this psalm was written by Moses. I thought that was pretty cool. It's the oldest psalm in the book, then. I wonder what Moses is doing right now?
I think it's good to remember that nothing is hidden from God. There are no "secret sins" that we get to enjoy in private. Pastor John calls them our "sins on a leash" - the ones we enjoy, think we've got them under control, & they're not harming anyone. (Yeah, right!)

It's both scary & wonderful to think that od knows everything about me. Scary in that - oh my gosh! - He knows that about me! Good grief! He knows everything about me! He knows all the stuff that nobody else knows about me - nobody...

And it's wonderful because He still loves me unconditionally.

Psalm 90:12 Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.

It's interesting that Moses wrote this, probably toward the end of his life, while the children of Israel were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. Moses probably saw the fleeting nature of life & how we need to be about being who God wants/dreamed us to be. He probably had lived long enough to see that it's only the stuff we are/do for God that last past the span of our lives.

Sidebar: Life can change in a moment, suddenly. Ya just never know when God is gonna act suddenly & so much of your life can change, for the better. Let's be awake today for the suddenly's in our life.

Just a thought...
I love y'all

No comments: