Tuesday, November 11, 2008

miracle walking

Today, I got to see a miracle, up close.

Ya see, back in February, 2005, I met this emt/firefighter named Rook. He kinda scared me. Well, he is BIG, very muscular, & had kind of an intimidating look about him.

On the 1st Thursday of March, 2005 (the next month), he came by to see me. To make a very long story very short, that day, in my office, Rook gave his heart & life to God, & became a Christ follower.

Suffice it to say, as a result of God’s grace, Rook made a significant, 180 degree change of heart & life as a result of the infinite grace & mercy of our Abba Father that he experienced that day.

A few months after becoming a Christ follower, Rook also became on of my sons. Since that time, he, we, & God have been working on returning his life back to what God had dreamed it to be looooooooooooooooooooong before Rook was even imagined.

A year & a half ago he got married to a fine lady. Fyi - the happiest day of your life isn’t when you get married. It’s when one of your children gets married.

This afternoon Rook came by with his 2 month old son, Wyatt. Rook is such a dad, if you know what I mean. He’s everything you’d hope a big ol’ guy would be to his child.

I saw a living trophy of grace today – someone released from hurts, hang-ups, & addictions, someone released from generational curses.

I saw, in the flesh, the realities of Jesus words, “Behold, I make all things new.”

Thank You, Abba, for the miracle You performed & are performing in Rooks life, & how that life is producing such incredible ripples in those around him. And thank You for the sacrifice of You Son, Jesus, Who made it all possible. And thank You, Holy Spirit, for Your unbelievable sustaining Power that has brought Rook to this point in his life. Thank You, thank You, thank You!!!

No comments: