Sunday, November 2, 2008

worthy

2 Thessalonians 1: 11b ...God will make you worthy of the life to which He has called you.

When we belong to Him, when we follow Him, He starts to return us to that person He dreamed us to be long ago, before sin messed us up.

We think we have to "clean up our lives" on our own, but in reality, God is the One Who reweaves the tattered life we hand Him. Our responsibility is NOT to "clean ourselves up," but to simply listen & obey Him.

The basic belief, "seek 1st the Kingdom of God & all these things will be added," says the same thing. If our focus is getting intimate with Him, His power is the thing that makes us into who He has dreamed & called us to be.

As I look ahead at the new seasons coming in my life, I think I'd go crazy (or crazier) if I thought I had to somehow "measure up" to the challenges ahead.

Nope.

God will make you worthy of the life to which He has called you.

Think about it...

I love you, gobbs

No comments: