Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I know certain things - this is one of them

2 Timothy 2: 12b

I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. (NIV)

for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to (guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. (NASB)

I couldn't be more sure of my ground—the One I've trusted in can take care of what he's trusted me to do right to the end. (The Message)

Still I am not ashamed, for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on), and I am [positively] persuaded that He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which I have committed [to Him] until that day. (Amplified)

For I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. (NLT)

For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (KJV)

No matter how we translate these words, it all comes out the same - God is faithful.
I love y'all - join me on the journey secured by His faithfulness.

No comments: