Saturday, January 3, 2009

The adventure begins...

Psalm 144: 1 Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He gives me strength for war and skill for battle. 2 He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him.

I think the devil is not thrilled we're developing a presence downtown. I'm sure he will use all kinds of things & people to distract & hinder us.

So, what do we do?

We pray. I've learned at the chapel these last 3 years of staff prayer each morning (has it been 3 years?!) that if we don't soak something in prayer, it's like swinging on a trapeze without a net. We need people who take on as their job to do nothing but pray for our presence downtown.

We remember that this is not our gig - this is God's gig. He's the One who dreamed this up, so He's the One in charge. We responsible to be obedient - He's the one responsible for it to prosper. (please remind me of this each time I get wrapped around the axle about something!)

God will show us what to be & do. He's very creative & is very capable of showing us & leading us in the directions we need to go. Andy King says we never have to struggle or search for His will - all we have to do is surrender to Him & His will will find us!

We just have to rest in the reality that we have the power of the God of the universes behind us. He's promised us all that He both precedes & follows us (Psalm 139:6). Iow, He's up ahead, preparing the way; & He's following behind, mopping up the consequences of our obedience. (We're not responsible for the consequences of our obedience - He is!)

This is an exciting, risky, miracle-laden journey we're on with Him downtown. Let's not lose sight of that!

We have our first House of Grace there Tuesday. Who know which of the many things He wants to be & do there will be next? This one thing I know, thought - the adventure begins.

Yoiks & away!!!

No comments: