Tuesday, January 27, 2009

humble

Proverbs 19: 12 Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor.

It's SO hard to be truly humble. My Internet dictionary defines it as:
1) Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
2) Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
3) Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowl
y

I know why I'm not humble - I'm just too self-seeking, or self-absorbed. I figure no one's gonna take care of me but me. (Yeah, I know, I know - revealing statement.)

It's a trust issue thing, I guess. If I really believed God was gonna take take of me (God = the holy, omnipotent, all powerful, all knowing, essence of love, perfect Father, God of the universes), then I walk humbly in His care. I mean, who deserves such love & care?

No comments: