Monday, January 12, 2009

power source

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take.
7 Don't be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
8 Then you will have healing for your body
and strength for your body.

Ya just never know about life.

A year ago, if you'd told me I would be serving as a catalyst for a presence in downtown Macon, I would have laughed, loudly.

3 months ago, if you'd told me I would be taking care of House of Grace for a while, I would have dismissed it out of hand - not gonna happen.

About a year ago, before the Lord started talking my hind legs off about downtown, I decided something - I'm gonna quit trying to explain my life. There's no future in it. How can we really explain the why's & wherefore's of what God does in our lives? So much of what He does doesn't make sense. It's not that it's bad or anything - it just that so often He chooses to use the most unlikely things & the most unlikely people to be & do the most unlikely things.

So, as I embark on the adventure downtown, & as I pick up the flag for a while with HOG, I've got to just trust Him with both. As I was reading this morning (I'm in Genesis, Proverbs, & Mark right now), this was the only thing that came up off the page. Maybe this is a word for me in regards to downtown & taking care of HOG.

I figure if God can use Baalam's donkey to speak into Baalam's life, just maybe He can use this donkey to be a catalyst for downtown & a shepherd for HOG?

No comments: