Saturday, January 31, 2009

among

Matthew 18:20

For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.
NLT

And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there. The Message

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. NIV

For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. NASB

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. KJV


For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them. Amplified

No matter how you translate it, there's something (or Someone) that happens when 2 or more Christ followers get together.

Jesus said He was there. I wonder what that really means. And I wonder what that really means for each of us.

What would it mean to each of us, as well as any group we're a part of, if we really believed He was present? Like, there, just like you or I are really there.

How would we act, react, think, or handle ourselves if we really believed it? What would the quality of our lives be like?

I gotta think about this one. What are the overarching ramificatons of really believing it? How will that change the way I am, think, & feel tomorrow at the combined services @ CCST? And how will that affect the way I think & feel on Tuesday at HOGMacon or Wednesday at HOGCochran?

You think about it, too...

I love you

No comments: