Friday, February 27, 2009

shielding

Psalm 18: 1 I love you, LORD;
you are my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
3 I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.

19 He led me to a place of safety;
he rescued me because he delights in me.

27 You rescue the humble,
but you humiliate the proud.
28 You light a lamp for me.
The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness.

30 God's way is perfect.
All the LORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

32 God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way safe.

48b ...You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies...

In the last couple or 3 weeks, I've been getting a lot of the concept that God is my shield. The word "shield" has been specifically used.

I just wonder what that means for me? I know He's shielding me, but there must be something specific He's either shielding me from right now, or is gonna be shielding me from, protecting me.

If I ever find out what, I'll let y'all know.

No comments: