Friday, May 22, 2009

moving forward

2 Corinthians 8:11
Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. (New Living Translation)

Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it... (New Internation Version)

The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale. Your heart's been in the right place all along. You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it. (The Message)

So now finish doing it, that your [enthusiastic] readiness in desiring it may be equalled by your completion of it... (Amplified Bible)

But now finish doing it also, so that just as there was the readiness to desire it, so there may be also the completion of it by your ability. (New American Standard Bible)


Is this verse for anyone besides me today? Let me know if it is?

I have a date beside this verse. It was during a very, very tough time in my life. I wasn't really sure about a lot of things. But God let me know very quietly that all I had to do was just finish the task He'd given me w/ as much dignity as I could.

I think for once in my life, I did just that. It wasn't easy, it was fun, but I simply walked through that difficult time, kept my mouth shut as much as possible (a miracle in itself), & finished what I thought God would have me be & do.

Now, there is another being & doing He has for me. And thru this verse, I feel like He's telling me to (as Pastor John would say) "keep walking forward, until God tells you differently."

Maybe you're like me right now - moving in a direction that's outside our box. Remember, "God is both out ahead of us, preparing the way, & following behind us, mopping up from the consequences of our obedience." (Psalm 139:5 danny's paraphrased Bible)

Some much of life seems to be simply moving forward. Being & doing what God sems to be leading us to be & do, no matter how crazy it may seem.

For all or any of you that God is speaking to thru this verse, I say this: let's finish what He's given us to be & do. We can do it. The Power (the Holy Spirit) that raised Jesus from the dead, & created the universes, lives in us.

No comments: