Thursday, May 28, 2009

strength

Psalm 108: 1 My heart is confident in You, O God;
no wonder I can sing Your praises with all my heart!
2 Wake up, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
3 I will thank You, L
ORD, among all the people.
I will sing Your praises among the nations.
4 For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May Your glory shine over all the earth.


13 With God's help we will do mighty things,
for He will trample down our foes.

As I walk into whatever it is God has for me & for The Warehouse, I always have the devil & his demons whispering something in my ear - it's one of those things the devil & his demons knows will distract me & cause me to hesitate.

"You can't do this. You're gonna fail, again."

And the devil is correct. I can't do this on my own.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul is asking Him to take away that chronic thing in Paul's life that was tripping him up, annoying him, & holding him back.

God said something pretty pivotal, to Paul, & to me...

"My gracious favor is all you need. My strength works best in weakness."

If that's true, then God's gonna work a doozie downtown, because I know my weakness(es) all too well. I know how capable I am. I know the limits of my abilities.

If anything's gonna happen downtown, it's gonna have to be God doing it, because in my own strength I can't make anything happen.

Notice God said, "My strength works best best in weakness."

Well, then He must be gonna do something pretty stupendous, because my weakness is pretty stupendous!

As I've walk this journey so far with God about & in downtown, I've seemingly said, "I don't know" more than I have in the rest of my life put together. I've said, "Let's just see where He leads us" more often than ever. So far, He's given me enough light to take one step at a time.

So far, I've been pretty okay with it. It goes against the way I've done most of the things in my life & so-called career. (I'm a planner) But I believe I've felt His pleasure in what I'm about as much, or maybe more, than in any other time in my life.

I need you to pray for me as I walk through this season of the journey with Him. I'm completely out of my depth with this downtown thing. I don't know what all's ahead. I'm taking it slowly, trying to let "His strength work best in my weakness."

I'd love for you to come join me in the adventure of downtown. Pray about whether God would want you to be a part of it, too. Ya never know, maybe He would want to join your weakness with my weakness, & "work best" through us both at the same time?

;-)

No comments: