Monday, February 15, 2010

figuring it out

Proverbs 3:5 (The Message) Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.


Why shouldn't I try to figure out what's ahead?

If I had know what was ahead at the beginning of 2008 (establishing a Christ Chapel presence in a warehouse in downtown Macon & moving House of Grace downtown), I believe I would have either made it happen on my own, or messed it up.

Walking into whatever it is God has for this expression of His will downtown is a LOT better than creating something that I think is what He wants.

Plus, if I'd known what was ahead, it would have scared me too much.

Especially in the last 10 years, God has dealt with me on a "need to know" basis - when I need to know something, He tells me. He doesn't give me a long time to think about it & "get ready" for it. I'll try to get things under control then.

There must be a really good reason why I need to just trust Him, listen out for Him, & rest in the fact that He's the One who will keep me.

No comments: