Wednesday, February 17, 2010

when things are dark

Psalm 3:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, & the One who life my head high.


My Life Application Bible says this about that verse...

"David was not sitting on his throne in a place of power, but he was running for his life from his rebellious son, Absalom, & a host of traitors.

"When circumstances go against us, it is tempting to think God is also against us. But David reminds us that the opposite is true.

"When everything seems to go against us, God is still with us. If circumstance has turned against you, don't blame God - seek Him."


And what does that mean - seek Him?

If I "seek" Lynn, my wife, that usually means I'm looking for her, usually so I can be with her or at least connect with her. That's true whether I'm "seeking" her at our home, or if I'm heading over to the college (Macon State), or if I think she's up at the coffee shop (Joshua Cup).

Is it being too simple & naive to interpret in the same way what David was saying? That to seek God is to turn ourselves toward Him, to be with Him, &/or to connect with Him?

No comments: