Saturday, February 13, 2010

figuring

Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the One Who will keep you on track.


Why do we try to figure everything out?

Because we don't trust God, & we want to brace ourselves for what's ahead.

If I had known at the end of 2007 what a series of changes would have happened during 2008 & 2009, I would have probably sabotaged it, or messed with it, or been so arrogant & proud no one would have been able to stand me, or all three - & more.

As a result, His plan to plan to let me know He wanted to establish a "presence" in downtown Macon thru Christ Chapel just unfolded as He revealed more & more to me.

God tends to work with us on a need-to-know basis - for obvious reasons.

At the end of 2007, He gave me 4 verses for 2008 - highly unusual - He usually gives me only 1 verse. I said then 2008 was gonna be a doozie. It was. ;-) So was 2009.

Once again, He's given me 4 verses. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT) - Proverbs 3:5 (The Message) - Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT) - Hebrews 10:35, 36

It's gonna be a doozie of a year. And He specifically told me,
"don't try to figure out everything on your own"

Iow, don't try to run ahead of Me.

And the bullet thoughts from that verse that He gave me are:
Trust
Listen
I will keep you

Let's see how I do with all that.

No comments: