Thursday, February 18, 2010

safe

Psalm 4:8 I will lie down in peace & sleep
for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm showing off by getting up as early as I do each morning.

That is really funny to me, given how much I love to sleep.

It's also funny to me in view of the fact that I've never set an alarm to wake me up.

Yes, I guess that means God must be the One who's waking me up. No, that doesn't make me special. God knows I wouldn't get up on my own if He didn't wake me. So much for being more holy than others.

I will say that after 7 years of getting up like this each morning, I would not NOT get up.

It's very simple. If I don't get up, I'm disconnected with God all day. I sin a lot. If I get up & read, I sin less. If I don't, well, nevermind.

It's SO quiet at this hour of the day. I'm sitting here in the "study" of the house. I can hear the battery-run clock above me ticking.

But the thing that still amazes me is that God meets me hear every morning.

And that meeting is all that's holding me together.

So, I hate to burst y'all's bubble. I don't get up because I'm holy. ;-)

...or disciplined. ;-D

It's just that God talks to me, in some way, in some manner, every morning.

If you would do one thing for me, I'll never ask you to do another thing...

Get up early, read the Bible, & listen out for what God will say to you.

You'll never be the same.

I seldom recommend vids on Youtube. My sweet friend & brother, Rob Saxon, sent me this yesterday. It was like a lifeline to a drowning man. Rob didn't know that the verse this song is built upon was THE verse God gave me yesterday - Psalm 3:3.

Go to this & give it a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y284YvkYrZo

No comments: